People often get stuck with goals they want to pursue, undecided or unsure how they are going to meet them. Often they have an inner voice telling them that they cannot succeed or give themselves reasons for why not to progress. Although many people have supportive family and friends, sometimes this can be unhelpful in working out one’s own future, for example when trying to consider everybody else’s needs one easily can lose sight of what is important to oneself. Coaching provides a neutral and independent perspective for people to discuss their life plans and goals in a safe conversation with the sole aim of helping a person, the client, to take the action needed to progress.
- A positive and powerful process, tailor-made to suit the agenda of each individual client, designed to match each client’s goals to their values and focussed on the future.
- A totally holistic process for addressing the needs of the whole person
- Founded on a unique, productive, interactive relationship between coach and client based on the 100% mutual commitment of both parties
- A method for raising awareness and encouraging responsibility for one’s own success
- A process of motivating and facilitating people to live to their true potential by setting and achieving self-defined goals
- Based on the premise that all clients are creative and resourceful and capable of change
- A partnership which challenges clients to recognise and build on their strengths, explore their current reality and find positive ways to make changes and move forwards
- A means of providing a fresh perspective on each client’s situation and exploring a range of options for growth and development
- Designed to keep clients on track to pursue their goals, celebrate their successes and achieve their desired outcomes
- Is focussed on the future
Coaching is not:
- In-depth counselling or therapy on emotional or traumatic issues
- focussed on the past
- a process where the coach makes decision for the client or advises which is the best decision
Codes of Ethics
A code of ethics governs the way in which professionals including coaches’ practice.
As a coach I am bound by the coaching academy code where I train: ‘All staff, tutors, students, graduates, associates and members of The Coaching Academy must agree to follow the Code of Professional Conduct (The Code). Alleged breaches of The Code will be fully investigated by The Coaching Academy and, if proven, may lead to the expulsion of the Coach and the withdrawal, without compensation, of all and any rights previously bestowed by virtue of that individual’s connection with The Coaching Academy’.
You will be given a copy of the code of ethics during your first meeting with me.
As a coaching psychologist and member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) I will abide by the code of conduct governing the work of psychologists. This code can be found on the British Psychology society website.
For testimonials please refer to this page:
Contact me for an appointment
Contact me for an appointment or just a brief conversation on the phone or email if you want to move forward in one of the areas below:
- Making difficult decisions on your career
- Helping you clarify your personal goals, your options and what you can do to get there
- Improving your personal effectiveness in any area in your life
- Improving your relationships at work home and family
- Improving your social life
- Dealing with difficult relationships
- Dealing with a stressful job
- Improving your activities (hobbies, exercise)
- Making changes in your lifestyle but are struggling to make progress
- To help you with self-development in any area of your life